LOUISIANA SEX OFFENDERS SEARCH
By clicking on the button below, residents of Ascension Parish will be directed to our partner,
Community Notification, and can access information regarding sex offenders throughout their area.
The following persons shall be required to register and provide notification as a sex offender or
child predator in accordance with the provisions of this Chapter:
• Any adult residing in this state who has pled guilty to, has been convicted of, or where adjudication
has been deferred or withheld for the perpetration or attempted perpetration of, or any conspiracy to
commit either of the following:
- A sex offense as defined in R.S. 15:541, with the exception of those convicted of felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile as provided in Subsection F of this Section
- A criminal offense against a victim who is a minor as defined in R.S. 15:541
• Any juvenile who has pled guilty or has been convicted of a sex offense or second degree kidnapping as provided for in Children's Code Article 305 or 857, with the exception of simple rape; and
• Any juvenile, who has attained the age of fourteen years at the time of commission of the offense, who has been adjudicated delinquent based upon the perpetration, attempted perpetration, or conspiracy to commit any of the following offenses:
- Aggravated rape (R.S. 14:42).
- Forcible rape (R.S. 14:42.1).
- Second degree sexual battery (R.S. 14:43.2).
- Aggravated kidnapping of a child who has not attained the age of thirteen years (R.S. 14:44).
- Second degree kidnapping of a child who has not attained the age of thirteen years (R.S. 14:44.1).
- Aggravated incest involving circumstances defined as an "aggravated offense" (R.S. 14:78.1).
- Aggravated crime against nature (R.S. 14:89.1).
The persons listed in Subsection A of this Section shall register with the sheriff of the parish of the person's residence,
or residences, if there is more than one, and with the chief of police if the address of any of the person's residences is
located in an incorporated area which has a police department. If the offender resides in a parish with a population in excess
of four hundred fifty thousand, he shall register with the police department of his municipality of residence.
The offender shall also register with the sheriff of the parish or parishes where the offender is an employee and with the
sheriff of the parish or parishes where the offender attends school. If the offender is employed or attends school in a parish
with a population in excess of four hundred fifty thousand, then he shall register with the police department of the municipality
where he is employed or attends school. The offender shall also register in the parish of conviction for the initial registration