APSO arrests two in Friday morning shooting in Donaldsonville

On Friday, October 14, just before noon, deputies responded to the area of Oak Street and West Third
Street in Donaldsonville in reference to shots being fired in the area.

According to Chief Deputy Bobby Webre, deputies found evidence of a shooting but no victims or
suspects were initially located.

During their continued investigation deputies were able to obtain a description of a male who was
involved in the shooting.

Deputies later located a subject fitting the description and attempted to approach him when he fled on
foot. The subject, later identified as 32-year-old Marcus Walker, was located by deputies behind the
Mississippi River levee, where he was taken into custody.

As the investigation unfolded it was learned that Walker and another subject, identified as Jarrad Jones,
were involved in the earlier shooting that deputies had first responded to. It is alleged that Jones fired
at Walker, prompting Walker to go and retrieve a gun, locate Walker and fire at him.
Deputies then located Jones driving on West Seventh Street and attempted to stop him when he fled at
a high rate of speed.

Deputies began to pursue Jones when he fired a shot at them from his vehicle.
Jones continued to flee from deputies at a high rate of speed until he lost control of the vehicle causing
it to flip several times on LA 1 North. Jones was removed from the vehicle and arrested.

Marcus Walker, 32, of 406 W. Third Street, Donaldsonville, was arrested and charged with attempted
second-degree murder, aggravated assault with a firearm, illegal use of weapons, possession of a
firearm by convicted felon, and resisting an officer.

Jarrad Jones, 19, of 303 W. Second Street, Donaldsonville, was arrested and charged with attempted
first-degree murder on a police officer, attempted second-degree murder, reckless operation,
aggravated flight from an officer, aggravated assault with a firearm, illegal use of weapons, stopping on
a highway, and speeding.

Both were booked into the Ascension Parish Jail. Walker’s bond was set at $575,000 and Jones’s bond
was set at $878,500 by Judge LeBlanc.