APSO Visitation Procedures
In order to visit an Inmate at the Ascension Parish Jail, you must comply with the following rules and regulations:
- You must have a valid State driver's license or picture ID with your correct address.
- When traveling from out of state you must also present a valid out of state picture I.D. with correct address, when arriving at jail.
- Students under the age of 17 may use school ID or other picture ID.
- No electronic devices are allowed in the Main Lobby or Visitation areas. (examples: cell phones, tablets, etc.)
- Children must NOT be left unattended in the lobby or a vehicle unless under the supervision of an individual 17 years of age or older with a valid state issued ID or Driver's License.
Visitors must be properly dressed before checking in to visit an inmate. Any clothing or clothing articles that are considered inappropriate will not be permitted to be worn. Proper undergarments must be worn. Some clothing articles and accessories are prohibited.
See-through clothing, halter tops or tops with spaghetti straps, shorts or any other similar type of short outfit, pants that do not cover the knees, skirts or dresses that have slits above the knees, inappropriate language on clothes, swimsuits, hats or other items covering the head, sunglasses, watches, or other items of value.
Failure to follow visitation rules may result in visitors being banned from the facility or subject to criminal prosecution.
Inmate Visitation Instructions:
We would like to make your visit to the Ascension Parish Jail as pleasant as possible. To do this, we ask that you arrive in enough time to sign in. The Correctional Officers are on a strict schedule and must follow this visitation policy.